1. ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY: To become an entrant (the “Entrant(s)”) and be eligible to win the Prize, a person must, at the time of entry into the Contest and at the time of awarding the Prize (as applicable): (a) have filled out the registration form to become a John Frieda® Hair Care Elite Club member, form including all required information; and (b) have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. This Contest is not open to residents living in the province of Quebec. Employees, officers and directors (and members – whether related or not – of the same household of such persons) of Kao Canada Inc. (the "Sponsor"), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, advertising or promotional agencies, suppliers of the Prize and the independent Contest organization (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the Prize.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest commences at 12:00:01 AM (ET) on May 14, 2013 and will end at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 14, 2013 (the "Contest Period"). All Submissions must be received during the Contest Period by no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 14, 2013 (the "Contest Closing Date").
3. HOW TO BECOME AN ENTRANT: To become an Entrant, you must ensure that you: (i) conform to the eligibility requirements outlined in Rule 1 above; and (ii) have registered to be a John Frieda® Hair Care Elite Club Member before the end of the Contest Period. Register in the John Frieda® Hair Care Elite Club by visiting and completing the online form at http://www.johnfrieda.ca/en-CA/Join-The-Elite-Club/
4. LIMIT OF NUMBER OF ENTRIES: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period. Entrants may use only one (1) name to enter and any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or by any other means which in the opinion of the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion subvert the entry process are void. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to submit one or more Entries otherwise than in accordance with these Rules, all Entries submitted by that person are subject to disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, it will be the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor as to who to appoint the Prize to. The potential winner may be required to show proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) of being the authorized account holder associated with the selected Entry. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc) does not constitute proof of delivery. The Releasees (defined below) will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete Entries, all of which will be void.
All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
5. THE PRIZE: There is (1) prize available to be won. The prize consists of one (1) $250 gift card to Dynamite clothing store and a John Frieda hair care basket. (excludes residents of Quebec) (the “Prize(s)”). Total approximate retail value of the prize is $350 CAN. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Releasees (defined below) if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
6. THE DRAWS: To determine the Prize winner, a random draw will be made by the independent judging organization on June 17, 2013. The draw will be made at 2:00 PM ET in Mississauga, ON from all eligible entries received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 14, 2013. All entries will be eligible for the draw. The odds of winning a the Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received in accordance with these Rules. The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact the selected Entrant by telephone, mail or email (using the information provided at the time of entry) within fifteen (15) business days of selection. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within the maximum three (3) attempts or fifteen (15) business days of the selection (whichever occurs first), or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then that selected entrant will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant).
In order to be declared the confirmed winner of the Prize, the selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Releasees (defined above) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the Prize for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant).
7. GENERAL: The Releasees do not assume any responsibility and are not responsible for: (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any information; (ii) Submissions which fail to comply with these Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by the awarded Prize or the Contest itself; (iv) any failure of the Website or Application during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail; or on-line entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer or other device related to or resulting from downloading any material in the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest; or (v) any other matter whatsoever. Submissions that have been tampered with or altered are void.
8. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with: (i) the laws of the Province of Ontario and construed in accordance with the Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces and territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER BY SPONSOR OR THE PRIZE PROVIDER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR INTENDED PURPOSE.
9. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant, Entry or Submission with these Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Contest entry form, Website, Application, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.